ABOUT THE COURSE
This Professional Photography Course is a Diploma course written and directed by some of the best working photographers in their field.
Our aim with this course is to ensure graduating students receive the knowledge and skills required for a career as a professional photographer or as a keen hobbyist.
- The Professional Photography Course is delivered online
- The course consists of 12 modules and 12 interactive assignments.
- Students must own or have access to a camera to complete the assignments.
- The normal time required to complete the course is 24 weeks.
- All 12 assignments must be completed before graduation.
- Graduates are awarded a Diploma in Photography.
Once enrolled in the course you will be sent a username and password to access our secure student site.
Your own personal tutor will be allocated within 24 hours and will be there to offer support and guide you to your first level of qualification.
Student Support is available for the duration of the course and are there to offer assistance if you are experiencing problems.
You will find the tutorials easy to follow with no formal examinations necessary.
Only basic computer skills are required and you will find the course captivating and the assignments fun and interactive.
As the course is self paced, you may take longer than the scheduled 24 weeks to complete your course.
If necessary, you may take up to a year to finish your studies.
To view the module content, please click the titles below.
MODULE 1 : CAMERAS & LENSES
- Introduction to the Professional Photography Course
- About the Author
- The Small Format SLR
- The Medium Format Camera
- The Large Format Camera
- Small & Medium Format SLR Features
- Lens Faults
- Spherical Aberration
- Chromatic Aberration
- Barrel & Pincushion Distortion
- Flare & Vignetting
- Lens Types
- Specialty Lenses & Attachments
- Caring For Your Camera & Lenses
- Practical Lens Choices
MODULE 2 : SHUTTERS, APERTURE, ISO AND THEIR RELATIONSHIPS
MODULE 3 : EXPOSURE & METERING
MODULE 4 : THE FILM & DIGITAL PROCESS
MODULE 5 : LIGHT & COLOUR
MODULE 6 : LIGHTING
MODULE 7 : HOW TO TAKE BETTER PHOTOS
MODULE 8 : EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE
MODULE 9 : RETOUCHING, RESOLUTION & PRINTING
MODULE 10 : THE STUDIO
MODULE 11 : HOW TO CONSTRUCT A PROFESSIONAL PORTFOLIO
MODULE 12 : PHOTO AGENTS, PICTURE AGENCIES